The Avee Microphone kit
The Avee solution combines the unprecedented comfort of a range of standard headsets with a state of the art aviation microphone – giving a light-weight tailor made aviation headset with superior audio communication.
How it works
The Avee microphone combines the aircraft electronic interface and a microphone boom into a compact clip-on unit that plugs directly into the base of your ANR headphones. The add-on is securely fastened in place with a robust magnetic connection, preventing it from accidentally detaching from your headset.
Why using standard headphones
There are many reasons for using standard headphones as aviation headphones:
- We claim that the the comfort and quality on the standard state-of-the-art headphones from Bose® QC25®,Bose® QC35® , Sony® WH-1000XM3®) and Bose® 700 is superior compared to any aviation headset comfort and quality.
These headsets are simply made with minimum clamp-force, maximum comfort and maximum sound quality as main focus and goal.
We have made an Avee aircraft microphone add on that fits each of these selected headphones.
- The ANR in the headphones we support have developed tremendously even during the last recent years. These non-aviation headphones are produced in huge quantities for a large ‘standard customer’ market.
This means that improvements and customer cost benefits are available in a much larger scale than on low production volume aviation headsets.
- Modern aircrafts (both commercial jets and private smaller aircrafts with piston engines) are far less noisy than 10-20 years ago.
The bulky and heavy headset with a fairly high degree of passive noise reduction is simply no longer needed: the modern ANR has taken over.
All in all it makes selected standard headphones extremely well suited as aviation headphones.They are simply made for aviation use.
- Most pilots get a ride in the back seat once in a while.
Having your own personal state-of-the-art headset available while listening to music, makes the ride shorter.
Aircraft interface cable
The Kevlar reinforced aircraft adapter cable with your choice of length and connectors – goes directly from the headset Avee microphone to your aviation audio panel.
Our system is fully automated with nothing to configure – no switches to set.
Estimated battery life on the headphones is 30 hrs. If the battery in the headphones run out of power, you will still hear ATC & intercom: only the ANR is lost.
What you get
Choose from a variety of Avee products to integrate perfectly with your ANR headphones. Our kits include a microphone add-on specific to your headset and an aircraft adapter cable.
If you’re interested in connecting your mobile device via Bluetooth during flight – the BlueLink makes that possible.
Music is automatically being muted when ATC and intercom calls are detected and all basic headphone capabilities are kept even when the BluLink is empty of battery.
The Bluetooth controller has an internal battery which lasts up to 40 hours. If battery power is lost only the Bluetooth connectivity is lost.
Mix & Match Adapter Cables
The Avee system makes it easy for multi-aircraft users. Choose from a variety of adapter cables and simply detach and replace it with an alternative in seconds. No configuration required.
All Avee products are designed according to FAA TSO and EASA ETSO-C139.
This Avee microphone kit includes the following:
- Your choice of the Avee Microphone add-on
- Your choice of microphone boom length (two lenghts available)
- Your choice of an Avee20 Aircraft Interface Cable (three cable lengths available)
Note: this cable is always included in the kit.
- Your choice of aircraft connector
- Two extra windhields
- Two adhesive magnetic strips